Women's MTB Series
Women, including those who identify as women or non-binary, of all abilities are invited to join Kristin and friends of STBG for a series of “no drop / no apology” bi-weekly mountain bike rides throughout the summer.
Saturday, June 10 | 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
We’re kicking off the ride series with an info session/meetup. Bring your bike and we will, as time allows, give it a quick look & make sure it’s trail ready. Click here to sign up for the information session.
About the rides
Each ride will begin and end at Steve the Bike Guy in Sherborn and will explore the local trails. We anticipate rides will take no more than 2 hours based on group size, as well as rider experience and fitness.
Depending on the number of riders as well as the availability of leaders and sweeps, ride groups will be created each week based on experience (novice, intermediate, advanced), fitness level, and anticipated speed/length of route. We will do our best to accommodate levels and will never leave a rider to ‘go it alone.”
Most of the trails we will ride are classified as easy and intermediate level. You can view the trails on Trailforks.
All planned routes will be announced ahead of time and shared to Ride with GPS for download to an app or navigation device.
Rides are (generally) bi-weekly, starting and ending at Steve the Bike Guy at 6:00 pm. Please arrive a few minutes early to get ready. There are no rain dates – if it’s raining we may have a fix-a-flat clinic or watch race videos!
Our schedule is subject to change with updates to be shared on our Calendar of Events, Facebook Page, and Women’s MTB Slack Group.
- Wednesday, June 21
- Wednesday, July 12 (note the extra week)
- Wednesday, July 19
- Wednesday, August 2
- Wednesday, August 16
- Wednesday, August 30
Registration for each ride through Blackstone Valley NEMBA is required for insurance purposes. Click here to sign up for rides.
What you need to to participate
- Mountain bike in good working condition
- Helmet (preferably one less than 5 years old)
- Water bottle or hydration pack
- Snack if you need
- Fix a flat kit
- Sense of humor and adventure!
- We also recommend a navigation device – routes will be made available before the ride.
- Parking at the Bike Shop is limited. Additional parking is available at Pine Hill School and across the street by the playground (but not on the road).
- There is no public bathroom available at the Shop (sorry).
- Steve the Bike Guy will be available at each ride for bike questions and quick fixes.
- Riders are welcome to put their feet up and enjoy some time hanging out after each ride!
Still have questions?
We should have answers. Please use our contact form or email email@example.com
Leaders and Sweeps Needed
Leader Ride & Review
Wednesday, June 14 @ 6pm
Anyone interested in helping lead or sweep rides is invited to join us for a 5.5 mile ride and review. Registration to come.
Our rides are only possible with the help of riders willing to lead and/or sweep. Ride leaders do not need to be the most experienced rider, but instead be able to follow a route (we will provide guidance and access to navigation devices), keep a group together, and respond to emergencies.
Volunteers are not required to lead all rides. Any rides you can help with are appreciated!
Ride leaders and sweeps receive special benefits including:
- Priority parking
- Free STBG t-shirt
- Discounts on GPS navigation devicesTrailside first aid kit and guide, provided with the support of Blackstone Valley NEMBA