Independently-owned bike shop looking for part-time bicycle mechanic for estimated 20 hours/week (may vary depending on work load).
Responsibilities will include:
Service – Evaluate customer bicycles to assess service needs and provide estimate of work involved; perform all levels of service from minor repairs to full tune-ups and bike builds on a variety of bikes including road, mountain, cyclocross and tandem, use point of sale system to complete customer transactions.
Sales – Work with customers to assist with, and facilitate sales of parts, accessories and bicycles.
General – Serve as a knowledgeable resources to customers and visitors on topics related to bicycles, bike maintenance and local riding. Maintain a professional, friendly and no-pressure environment for customers.
The ideal candidate
- Has at least 2 years of mechanical or tech experience working on bicycles, either from working at a bike shop or self-taught
- Training certifications a bonus but not required
- Is detail oriented, strong in trouble shooting and can fix/repair whatever they are working on
- Active in the cycling community as rider and/or racer
- Is neat and organized, and is respectful of a shared workspace
- Is willing and able to work evenings and Saturdays
- Has some experience in a retail or customer service environment
- Is capable of safely lifting and carrying 40lbs on a regular basis
- Is able to manage their time effectively and work under pressure
- Can provide 2-3 professional referrals and would be willing to complete a 2 week trial period.
Please send information including experience, referrals and certifications to email@example.com.