As an essential business, Steve the Bike Guy has been open, with limitations, since the start of the pandemic. My family and I are grateful for not only the support our customers and neighbors have shown during this time but also for their patience and understanding as I have worked to manage the workload, all while figuring out how to work safely during a public health crisis.
Protecting the health and safety of our family, friends, customers, and the community at large remains our first priority. With that in mind, while some restrictions have eased, we will be continuing to do business as we have throughout this pandemic. Specifically:
- The doors of the Shop will remain locked, and all business will be conducted outside on the lawn. We ask all employees and visitors to wear a mask when they are not able to physically distance (standing more than 6 feet apart).
- Tune-ups and repairs will continue to be by appointment only. With some exceptions, we are asking all new appointment requests to start through the website. You will be contacted within 1 business day to schedule your appointment.
- We will do our best to wipe down and “decontaminate” bikes before and after service, but remind customers that bikes are complex surface items with nooks and crannies. If you have concerns, we recommend “quarantining” your bike for a period of time for total decontamination.
- The Shop will be “open” Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm for drop-in flat repairs, quick consultations, service drop-offs & pick-ups, and questions. Please note: Saturdays are particularly busy with drop-in traffic and quick fixes. If you have the flexibility, we suggest coming by during the week.
- For more in-depth consultations, to schedule a demo or anything else that may take more time, please schedule an appointment.
As the summer progresses, we hope to hold group rides and mechanic clinics, as well as our Women Who Wrench Clinic this fall. Stay tuned for details.
Thank you again for your continued support!