This Spring, Kristin will be leading beginner rides at Ashland Town Forest on behalf of the Blackstone Valley Chapter of the New England Mountain Biking Association (NEMBA).
- Saturday, April 13th – 10am to Noon
- Saturday, April 20th – 9am to 11am
- Saturday, May 11th – 10am to Noon
- Saturday, May 25th – 10am to Noon
This 5-7 mile no-drop ride is a great opportunity for riders who are new to mountain biking, parents and teens looking to get out for a ride, or those who haven’t been on a mountain bike in a while and want to shake off the cobwebs.
This is also a great chance for more experienced riders to introduce a friend to mountain biking, or to come sweep and support.
Ashland Town Forest provides a nice mix of trails, nothing too technical, but a fair bit of climbing (welcome to Ashland!) – so bring your legs, your lungs and your sense of humor. For those with a Garmin or other ride tracking device, we will be providing a route ahead of time through the individual Facebook event.
The plan is for the ride to start promptly at 10am (and should end by noon), so come a few minutes early to get ready to ride.
Save time by signing NEMBA’s Annual Ride Waiver ahead of time – https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5925c20b85636/kiosk/
What to bring:
* Mountain Bike in good working order (we will have a bike pump, there will not be mechanical support available)
* Spare tube and tools to fix a flat if necessary
* Water – Bottle or hydration pack (there is no where to fill up ahead of time)
There is a 10 car parking lot near 123 Winter Street in Ashland, and a smaller lot also on Winter Street.
NOTE: Changes to the ride, including cancellations, will be posted to the Facebook event. Please check before riding.